Software Quality Assurance Engineer
At Data Science Dojo, we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the product design team of our rapidly growing organization.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be maintaining all the software tools owned by, and used at, Data Science Dojo. You’ll be responsible to run test cases, evaluate the performance of tools, track and report bugs, and make sure that all the processes run in a seamless manner. You will also be expected to collaborate with web developers to ensure that the new updates pushed on the online platforms are tested and verified before going live. As Data Science Dojo greatly relies on the value of data, you’ll be expected to use trends from a number of credible sources to add value to your work. You will work closely with many remarkable people at Data Science Dojo, including but not limited to our data science, development, and social media teams.
- Review and analyze software components and system specifications
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs in a thorough manner
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Execute test cases and analyze the results
- Evaluate application code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Conduct post-implementation testing
- Set up test workflows into the deployment pipeline to run automated tests
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life-cycle
- Define metrics of success for products and services and keep track of the progress
- An undergraduate degree in Software or Computer Engineering or a related field
- Knowledge and proven experience of working with Python, Java, or another object-orientated programming language
- Experience creating clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience of documenting and logging software bug reports and updates
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to work as an individual and in a team as per the need of a project
Nice to Have
- A graduate degree in Software or Computer Engineering or a related field
- Prior experience (2 years or more) in software quality assurance at a reputed organization
- A passion for education in general and data science in particular
- Some understanding of Google Analytics and Hotjar to extract valuable insights
About Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is one of the leading platforms providing training in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. Our strong network of more than 6500 alumni from over 100 countries makes us the most trusted learning platform in the field. Our mission is to make data science easier, more practical, and accessible to everyone by creating a network of mentors, students, and professionals.
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Our teams are constantly solving problems and working together, empowering people around the world to use data science in effective ways. We are always open to new ideas, making the most out of every opportunity. Working at Data Science Dojo is a unique experience, filled with fun and a lot of growth.