Introduction to Python for Data Science
A week-long training program to get you started with Python, the most popular language in data science.
Learn the Language of Data Science
Python for Data Science is the shortest yet the most comprehensive training program. The curriculum is crafted by industry experts and practitioners to give you the right mix of theoretical concepts and practical experience.
Free access to cloud-based Jupyter Notebooks, allowing you to code from anywhere. You do not need to set up a dedicated programming environment. Code from your browser with nothing but a working internet connection.
Your journey doesn’t end with this program. We have a rich repository with tons of resources to keep you going. Our tutorials, demos, and exercises will be available even after the program to help you practice your newfound Python skills.
Earn a Verified Certificate
Earn a certificate from the University of New Mexico (UNM), verifying your skills. Step into the market with a proven and trusted skillset. After completing the program, you will receive a verified certificate from UNM worth 2 Continuing Education Credits.
Data Storage and File Formats
You will learn how to gather and load structured and unstructured data into Python and to work with different file formats.
Data Handling Techniques
From indexing to slicing, you will learn various methods of extracting valuable information from data stored in complex structures.
You will learn how to preprocess data to get it ready for analysis. This includes cleaning, reshaping, and applying transformations.
Aggregation and Grouping
You will get expertise in Python’s powerful data aggregation and grouping techniques and learn to get useful insights from data.
You will gather hands-on experience in dissecting data to uncover useful insights and present them with visualization techniques.
Intro to RESTful API
You will learn how to use RESTful API. This will enable you to communicate with websites like Twitter and Reddit to scrape data.
Machine Learning in Python
You will be introduced to the key concepts in the Machine Learning pipeline, ranging from data preparation to evaluating ML models.
Data Pipelines in Python
You will use your scraped data, along with data loading, cleaning, and exploration techniques, to build an end-to-end data pipeline.
You will work on a comprehensive project that will test your knowledge and also introduce you to the more practical side of Python.
Trusted by Leading Companies
Recommended by Practitioners
Vince Vardhanabhuti is an experienced radiologist who graduated from Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ School of Medicine in London, UK, with a Bachelor’s of Medicine and Bachelor’s of Surgery. He currently works at the University of Hong Kong as a radiologist and data scientist.
From May 24 to 28, 2021
Daily classes Monday – Friday, 9AM – 12PM PDT
- • Pre-training material
- • 15 hours of live instruction
- • Course material
- • Online Python Jupyter notebooks
- • Restricted access to Jupyter notebooks
- • Everything in Dojo plan
- • Bonus Python Jupyter notebooks during training period
- • Access to our learning platform during training period
- • Access to our collaboration forum during training period
- • Recordings of live sessions for later review during training period
- • Verified certificate from The University of New Mexico
- • Everything in Guru plan
- • Bonus Python Jupyter notebooks for one year
- • Access to our learning platform for one year
- • Access to our collaboration forum for one year
- • Recordings of live sessions for later review for one year
- • Office hours during training period
- • Live customer support during training period
Are You a UNM Employee?
Earn a verified certificated and 2 Continuing Education Credits, without having to worry about the tuition fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Access to the program content depends on the plan you choose at the time of registration. Learn more about different plans being offered here.
The program is 5 days, 3 hours per day, for a total of 15 hours of training. There is additional practice if you would like to keep refining your python skills after the program ends.
There are no prerequisites for this program, however our pre-course prep work will include tutorials on fundamental concepts of data science and Python programming to help you prepare for the training program.
Classes are live and instructor-led. Office hours will be available multiple times a week in case students need assistance. The program is not self-paced but we do assign some homework and practical exercises to further facilitate your learning. Lectures will also be recorded to give students the option to go back and review.
We’re offering three different plans for this program.
- Dojo. With the Dojo plan, you will get 15 hours of live training, pre-training material, program content, and restricted access to Jupyter notebooks.
- Guru. With the Guru plan, you will get everything in the Dojo plan including bonus Jupyter notebooks during the program, access to the learning platform during the program, access to collaboration forum, recorded live sessions, and a verified certificate from the University of New Mexico worth 2 Continuing Education Credits.
- Sensei. With the Sensei plan, you will get everything included in the Guru plan with the additions of one year of access to the learning platform, Jupyter notebooks, collaboration forums, recorded sessions and office hours, and live support during the program.
Yes, we are offering an early-bird discount on all three plans.
The class will be 3 hours per day and you can expect 1-2 hours of homework every night. Our instructors and teaching assistants will be available during office hours Monday-Thursday for additional help.
To register for the program, simply view our packages and register for the upcoming cohort. The payment can be made online on our website, via invoice, or wire transfer.
Once you are registered for the program, you will receive a few emails from us. One of those emails will contain steps to create your learning portal account and access the program content.
Please follow the steps in the email to create your account. If you’re facing any difficulty please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.