At Data Science Dojo, we are looking for a passionate and influential individual to join the team of our Instructors and Mentors.
As a Part-Time Instructor, you will attend class sessions of the modules assigned to you. You’ll deliver instructions to students in our different cohorts for the pre-assigned modules in a training program. You will be responsible to meet the timeline as per the curriculum, facilitate learning, and ensure a meaningful learning experience for the students. You’ll be expected to complement the instructions with real-world projects, homework assignments, and class activities. Additionally, you will also play the role of a guide and mentor to the students, helping them shape their careers in the best ways possible.
- Attend all the class sessions of an assigned module and be available during the scheduled office hours
- Deliver instructions (20 hours per week) for pre-assigned modules in the training programs
- Provide feedback to instructional designers and content developers regarding the instructions and curriculum of the training programs
- Follow the curriculum of the assigned module by delivering the instructions in an engaging and impactful manner
- Work with content developers, data scientists, and instructional designers to add value to the training programs
- Recommend changes and updates to the curriculum based on market trends and needs of the students
- Engage the students in interactive learning activities, including homework assignments, real-world projects, and group discussions
- Strong academic background in the field of Data Science, Machine Learning, Engineering, and/or Statistics
- Proven experience (1 year or more) of working in the field of data science at a reputed organization
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Python, and the related libraries (pandas, numpy)
- Experience in creating, assessing, and evaluating, statistical models
- Ability to build and apply models in Python using machine learning libraries
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical methods, experimental design, data visualization, and data analysis techniques
- Ability to understand and explain the function of machine learning algorithms such as regularized regression, naive bayes, decision trees, K-means clustering, and neural networks
- Passion for delivering instructions to future data scientists
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
Nice to Have
- Prior teaching experience in the field of data science, such as delivering workshops and conducting mentoring sessions
- Awareness of the recent trends in the field of data science and machine learning
- Proficiency with NLP python libraries such as NLTK, Hadoop, Apache Spark, and/or R
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices to be adopted in a classroom environment
About Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is one of the leading platforms providing training in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. Our strong network of more than 10000+ alumni from over 100+ countries makes us the most trusted learning platform in the field. Our mission is to make data science easier, more practical, and accessible to everyone by creating a network of mentors, students, and professionals.
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Our teams are constantly solving problems and working together, empowering people around the world to use data science in effective ways. We are always open to new ideas, making the most out of every opportunity. Working at Data Science Dojo is a unique experience, filled with fun and a lot of growth.