At Data Science Dojo, we are looking for a passionate and influential individual to join the team of our Instructors and Mentors.
As a Mentor, you will be playing a critical role in the academic and professional journey of our students. You will be expected to guide and advise the students regarding their career options, helping them choose the path that works best for them. You will also help the students prepare for the job market by reviewing their resume and conducting mock interviews. Additionally, you will get a chance to actively participate in the projects and assignments the students are working on, adding value to their work.
- Advise the students regarding their career choices and the paths they can choose as a data scientist
- Mentor the students to help them make the most out of the training programs
- Help the students in creating an effective resume
- Review students’ resume and provide valuable feedback
- Conduct mock interview sessions to help the students succeed in data science interviews
- Host webinars for students in particular, and aspiring data scientists in general
- Engage the students in interactive learning activities, including homework assignments, real-world projects, and group discussions
- Strong academic background in the field of Data Science, Machine Learning, Engineering, and/or Statistics
- Proven experience (1 year or more) of working in the field of data science at a reputed organization
- Awareness of the recent trends in the field of data science and machine learning
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python, and the related libraries (pandas, numpy)
- Experience in creating, assessing, and evaluating, statistical models
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical methods, experimental design, data visualization, and data analysis techniques
- Understanding of the market trends and the cutting-edge tools being used by data scientists
- Ability to understand and explain the function of machine learning algorithms such as regularized regression, naive bayes, decision trees, K-means clustering, and neural networks
- Passion for delivering instructions to future data scientists
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
Nice to Have
- Prior teaching or mentorship experience in the field of data science, such as delivering workshops and conducting mentoring sessions
- Proficiency with NLP python libraries such as NLTK, Hadoop, Apache Spark, and/or R
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices to be adopted in a classroom environment
About Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is one of the leading platforms providing training in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. Our strong network of more than 10000+ alumni from over 100+ countries makes us the most trusted learning platform in the field. Our mission is to make data science easier, more practical, and accessible to everyone by creating a network of mentors, students, and professionals.
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Our teams are constantly solving problems and working together, empowering people around the world to use data science in effective ways. We are always open to new ideas, making the most out of every opportunity. Working at Data Science Dojo is a unique experience, filled with fun and a lot of growth.