At Data Science Dojo, we are looking for a talented and skilled individual to join the Content Development team of our rapidly growing organization.
As an Instructional Designer, you will be generating and improving educational content for the training programs offered by Data Science Dojo. You will be responsible for rapid development of learning material utilizing proven techniques and best practices. You will have the opportunity to work closely with subject matter experts and other content developers. You will also be expected to analyze our existing learning content and to identify areas for improvement. As Data Science Dojo greatly relies on the value of data, you’ll be expected to use trends from credible sources to add value to your work. You will work closely with many remarkable people at Data Science Dojo, including but not limited to our data science, engineering, development, and social media teams.
- Develop instructional material for training programs to be delivered through interactive computer/video-based learning, classroom instruction, and instructor-led live workshops
- Develop graphics, storyboards, curriculum script, and other materials that include learning objectives, content, and project outlines
- Work with a content developer in the field of data science to transform existing curriculum into interactive learning content with the help of cutting-edge technologies
- Maintain repository of SCORM files, work instructions, job aides, and business process documentation
- Create computer-based courses and tutorials by generating new media content
- Manage company-wide roll-out logistics that includes training structure changes, distribution of materials, trainer/leader-led workshops, and certifications
- Manage the learning management system by updating courses and resources
- Work with third-party providers to suggest improvements in the existing learning system and implement changes
- Troubleshoot any issues with training programs and the learning management system
- Review learning materials and create clear visuals and assets to support content development
- An undergraduate degree in Education, Communication, Information Design, Digital Media, or a related field
- Prior experience (2 years or more) in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on distance learning and multimedia technologies
- Proven experience (2 years or more) implementing adult learning principles
- Basic knowledge of SCORM standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and proven experience of creating engaging content for users
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to work as an individual and in a team as per the need of a project
Nice to Have
- A graduate degree in Education, Communication, Information Design, or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, audio and video editing software, and a learning management system utilizing SCORM
- Formal or informal teaching experiences, such as a TA position, tutoring, or mentoring
- Some knowledge of WordPress and front-end web languages (HTML 5, CSS, JS)
- A passion for education in general and data science in particular
- Some understanding of Google Analytics, HubSpot, and Hotjar to extract valuable insights
About Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is one of the leading platforms providing training in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. Our strong network of more than 10000+ alumni from over 100+ countries makes us the most trusted learning platform in the field. Our mission is to make data science easier, more practical, and accessible to everyone by creating a network of mentors, students, and professionals.
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Our teams are constantly solving problems and working together, empowering people around the world to use data science in effective ways. We are always open to new ideas, making the most out of every opportunity. Working at Data Science Dojo is a unique experience, filled with fun and a lot of growth.