At Data Science Dojo, we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the product design team of our rapidly growing organization.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will make key contributions the overall appearance of the online platforms owned by Data Science Dojo. You will work closely with web developers and backend engineers to meet the needs of users while maintaining the standards of the organization. You will also be expected to analyze the existing online presence of the organization, identify areas of improvement, and make recommendations for future updates. As Data Science Dojo greatly relies on the value of data, you’ll be expected to use trends from a number of credible sources to add value to your work. You will work closely with many remarkable people at Data Science Dojo, including but not limited to our data science, development, and social media teams.
- Develop features and improvements to the online platforms of Data Science Dojo
- Test the new features to ensure that everything is working as expected
- Analyze the existing features on the websites and identify areas of improvement
- Understand the needs of the users and add value to their experience on the websites
- Collaborate with backend engineers and web developers to make sure that the websites are customized and optimized in the best ways
- Develop code that meets the standards of style, responsiveness, and best practices at Data Science Dojo
- Apply best practices for design and frontend development to ensure that the websites are responsive, usable, and useful for the audience
- Manage and maintain the websites by making updates as needed
- Define metrics of success for products and services and keep track of the progress
- An undergraduate degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Design, Communication, or a related field
- Understanding of one backend language, such as PHP, WordPress, Python, and Django
- Working knowledge of data manipulation and visualization techniques
- Ability to understand the limitations of website design and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to work as an individual and in a team as per the need of a project
Nice to Have
- Prior experience (2 years or more) in web design and development
- Experience in Ruby on Rails and Haml
- A passion for education in general and data science in particular
- Some understanding of Google Analytics and Hotjar to extract valuable insights
About Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is one of the leading platforms providing training in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. Our strong network of more than 6500 alumni from over 100 countries makes us the most trusted learning platform in the field. Our mission is to make data science easier, more practical, and accessible to everyone by creating a network of mentors, students, and professionals.
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Our teams are constantly solving problems and working together, empowering people around the world to use data science in effective ways. We are always open to new ideas, making the most out of every opportunity. Working at Data Science Dojo is a unique experience, filled with fun and a lot of growth.