Digital Editor and Technical Writer
At Data Science Dojo, we are looking for a talented and creative individual to join the Content Development team of our rapidly growing organization.
As a Digital Editor and Technical Writer, you will be creating engaging content on all public-facing platforms of Data Science Dojo – including social media, website, and blogs. You will get a chance to work with content developers and subject matter experts, making data science interesting and interactive along the way. You will also be expected to analyze our existing content and to identify areas for improvement. As Data Science Dojo greatly relies on the value of data, you’ll be expected to use trends from credible sources to add value to your work. You will work closely with many remarkable people at Data Science Dojo, including but not limited to our data science, engineering, development, and social media teams.
- Copywrite, edit, and curate for various advertisements, blogs, books, proposals, customer response drafts, and other written materials
- Review content on Data Science Dojo’s website, suggest changes, and improve the content
- Manage the blogs and web content created and shared by Data Science Dojo
- Maintain, distribute, and implement content plans and editorial calendars across multiple releases for multiple platforms
- Maintain and update the many books that Data Science Dojo publishes
- Work with designers and printing distributors to maintain published works that is cohesive of our brand
- Plan, execute, and hold others accountable for publishing and editing timelines
- Actively monitor, review, and report the performance of published works through data analysis, tracking software, and consumer interactions
- Help find, hire, and train new freelance writers
- Contribute to marketing and advertising campaigns by improving the quality of the content
- Define metrics of success for products and services and keep track of the progress
- An undergraduate degree in English, Communication, Journalism, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand technical content and present it to the audience in a simple manner
- Knowledge and proven experience of creating engaging content for end users
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and other content generation and management platforms
- Experience with content creation and management on social media platforms
- Ability to create engaging content for the web
- Knowledge of best practices for SEO and online rankings
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to work as an individual and in a team as per the need of a project
Nice to Have
- Prior experience (1 year or more) in technical writing, editing, or content marketing
- A passion for education in general and data science in particular
- Some understanding of HubSpot and Hotjar to extract valuable insights
About Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is one of the leading platforms providing training in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. Our strong network of more than 10000+ alumni from over 100+ countries makes us the most trusted learning platform in the field. Our mission is to make data science easier, more practical, and accessible to everyone by creating a network of mentors, students, and professionals.
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Our teams are constantly solving problems and working together, empowering people around the world to use data science in effective ways. We are always open to new ideas, making the most out of every opportunity. Working at Data Science Dojo is a unique experience, filled with fun and a lot of growth.