Community Marketing Specialist
At Data Science Dojo, we are looking for a talented and creative individual to join our rapidly growing organization’s Sales and Marketing team.
The Community Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing, planning, implementing, and oversight of designated Data Science Dojo events, programs, and organizational gatherings. The incumbent would be responsible for designing and delivering a delightful end-to-end user experience for our community. This involves managing the whole process from planning to ensuring the smooth running of the event and the post-event activities.
This individual cultivates positive long-term relationships with all event stakeholders, especially webinar presenters and sponsors, and seeks to improve event execution and procedures consistently.
- Conduct market and customer research, use the insights to design and deliver ideas for online/virtual meetup events
- Research markets to identify potential event speakers/influencers/presenters for the online events
- Develops and manages annual event plans for DSD to ensure that:
- Data Science Dojo’s internal event calendar is coordinated to maximize value to the community
- Data Science Dojo’s website properties are up to date
- Event dates are publicized to the community as early as possible to avoid schedule conflicts with other events
- Develop an annual report of activities, successes, and future plans
- Produce detailed proposals for events (e.g., Timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing, and budgets)
- Plans and coordinates event-related services and general event logistics, including but not limited to marketing, publicity & event-related materials (e.g., handouts, giveaways)
- Conduct pre and post-event evaluations and report on results
- Prepares and sends timely communications & acts as the key contact to ensure success
- Monitors activities to ensure conformance with the company’s guidelines
- Update checklists, templates, project plans, and other tools to streamline and simplify execution the next time a similar event is conducted
- Work with the video editor and content team to help set up post-event social media content and YouTube content from the event.
- Use social media and email marketing to promote the event
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Marketing, Event Management, Project Management, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in successfully organizing events/meetups and webinars
- Demonstrated success in:
- Communication (listening, writing, and speaking)
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring goals, objectives, and action plans
- Highly motivated and self-directed in achieving participant satisfaction and revenue goals
- Able to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and maintain composure under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication & relationship management skills
- Proven record in facilitating decision-making & relationship building quality
- Understanding of MS Office & CRM systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for continuous improvement and root cause analysis
- A proven track record of enabling teams and building cross-functional relationships
- Committed to maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Creative in crafting solutions that maximize communication quality and quantity while minimizing costs
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Negotiation skills, ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
About Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is one of the leading platforms providing training in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. Our strong network of more than 10000+ alumni from over 100+ countries makes us the most trusted learning platform in the field. Our mission is to make data science easier, more practical, and accessible to everyone by creating a network of mentors, students, and professionals.
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth.
Our teams are constantly solving problems and working together, empowering people around the world to use data science in effective ways. We are always open to new ideas, making the most out of every opportunity. Working at Data Science Dojo is a unique experience, filled with fun and a lot of growth.