VIDEO EDITOR/STORY TELLER
Full-Time and Internship
Do you have a passion for storytelling? Do you eat, breathe, and sleep video production?
We are looking for a talented video editor to join our video production team. This position primarily consists of post-production projects with various marketing-related videos. Interns may also be story-boarding and working on animating short educational videos communicating data science concepts.
In addition to growing your video production skills, you will also be working with a fun, technically savvy team who will teach you how to measure the success of your videos online.
- Assisting our Video Producer in editing testimonials, tutorials, and commercials.
- Cutting down 15 to 30 minute, content-packed footage into 1 minute, coherent, and engaging videos
- Acting as an animator or filming assistant as needed
- Assist in setting up video equipment and/or streaming equipment
- Creating or locating video assets (e.g. motion graphics, music, b-roll, sounds)
- Keeping our video properties (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook) updated and relevant
Ideal Applicants Have
- Loves creating educational content
- Excel in a team environment, and are able to build/maintain positive relationships through solid collaboration efforts.
- Organized & highly attentive to detail
- Are a proficient problem solver, should be excited to figure out solutions.
- Have familiarity with and/or personal use of video platforms (e.g. Facebook, Periscope, YouTube, Vimeo)
- Have a solid understanding of the theory and aesthetics of video editing, graphics creation, color correction, and audio production.
- Familiar with DSLR photography/video recording
- Have a mind for online video marketing.
- Have the ability to emulate our current practices and styles, but can also think creatively and offer suggestions for improvement and efficiency.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize effectively, and deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Can work calmly, independently and effectively under pressure.
- Authorized to work in the United Sates
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (communication, film, digital arts, media arts, etc.)
- Have a strong online portfolio demonstrating editing skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, and Photoshop
* submit a cover letter with your resume and a link to your portfolio