DIGITAL EDITOR AND TECHNICAL WRITER
Full-Time and Internship
Do you love writing? Do you spot grammatical errors with ease and grace? Do your written works entice others to read on and thirst for more through your mastery over the English vernacular? Can your eyes spot an inconsistent font change like a hawk spots its prey? Data Science Dojo is on the hunt for an outstanding Editor and Technical Writer with a passion for all things data and technology.
- Copywrite, edit, and curate for various advertisements, blogs, books, proposals, customer response drafts, and other written materials.
- Dominion and ownership over all blogs by Data Science Dojo.
- Maintain and update the many books that Data Science Dojo publishes.
- Work with designers and printing distributors to maintain published works that is cohesive of our brand.
- Plan, execute, and hold others accountable for publishing and editing timelines
- Maintain, distribute, and implement content plans and editorial calendars across multiple releases for multiple platforms.
- Actively monitor, review, and report the performance of published works through data analysis, tracking software, and consumer interactions to provide management and content producers with insights for improvement and future content.
- Help find, hire, and train new freelance writers.
- Generate ideas and create fun, original blog content.
Ideal Applicants Have
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an excellent command of the English language
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Team player with a positive attitude; we only hire nice people
- Demonstrate an extreme attention to detail regarding grammar, spelling and the formatting of documents.
- Have a demonstrated ability to maintain a publication’s established voice and style.
- Fluency in social media landscape and expertise using various social media/web outlets and analytics tools (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Google Analytics etc.).
- Knowledge of Git, LaTex, Markdown, Sublime Text is preferred.
- Ability to impact and influence product strategy without authority, drive cross group collaboration, successfully advocate for customers and apply critical thinking and creative solutions in a dynamic highly ambiguous working environment.
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations, to build and communicate plans, and to monitor and measure progress against goals.
- Strong sense of pride and personal accountability for the end-to-end product/service quality, completeness, and resulting in good quality user experience.
- Not afraid to touch a bit of code. Ideal candidates are gurus in Microsoft Word but have ventured out into other digital writing mediums like Latex, Markdown, and other markup languages.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work in fast-paced environment; possesses a “whatever it takes mentality,” able to quickly and easily adapt to changing mandates and priorities.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency around critical priorities, but work calmly, independently and effectively under pressure.