Redmond, WA, USA
We’re seeking a talented, creative, and dynamic Email Marketing Specialist to support our rapidly-growing company here in Redmond, WA. You’ll play a key role in developing new marketing initiatives, support the rapid growth of our audience, and create ambitious advertising campaigns.
As the Email Marketing Specialist you are part of a vibrant Marketing Team that is spearheading innovation of the Data Science Dojo brand. You are a go-getter who is self-motivated to execute tasks, take on new projects, and work directly with the Senior Marketing Manager on key email marketing initiatives to drive our efforts forward. You have a desire to be part of a growing team who thrives on initiating change and pushing beyond the ordinary. You know what it takes to effectively communicate a message both strategically and creatively. You have relentlessly high standards and an eye for detail.
We expect this leader to develop new marketing strategies and concepts, and guide those projects from inception to completion. You should be analytical, creative, and a team player with a familiarity of working in a start-up environment. You’ll be supported to take risks and tackle big ideas, as long as you can effectively align your ideas to our larger company goals. You should also have experience with both online and offline marketing tactics, understanding the dynamics of customers who have a passion for learning data science, and to be flexible enough to prioritize your goals in an ever-changing business environment.
- Manage the DSD email marketing calendar
- Plan, coordinate and execute content for email campaigns for new products launches, changes to other services and other initiatives, coordinating with Marketing Team
- Engage inbound leads in a timely and efficient manner.
- Build custom templates and sequences to ensure communication with all verticals is detail-oriented and engaging.
- Members to ensure consistent messaging and timely delivery
- Manage all ongoing email campaigns
- Manage all email campaign compliance documentation
- Set up and maintain campaign analytics
- Build campaigns, testing and optimizing to hit internal KPI goals
- Prepare ad hoc, weekly and monthly KPI reporting. Track metrics via HubSpot and Google Analytics.
- Write and prepare updates and communications for internal stakeholders
Ideal Applicants Have
- A degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- An exceptional ability to convey messages both in writing and in person
- Familiarity with using marketing automation or email tools (Constant Contact, MailChimp, Pardot, ExactTarget, HubSpot, or Marketo, etc.)
- Basic to Intermediate proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of web writing tactics and how to optimize for SEO
- Strong analytical skills with a bias towards understanding customer behavior
- Ability to prioritize and think strategically
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and customer-focused
- Superior organization skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects and meet competing deadlines
- Attention to detail. Immaculate spelling and grammar. Absolutely NO typos.
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations, to build and communicate plans, and to monitor and measure progress against goals.
- Strong sense of pride and personal accountability for the end-to-end product/service quality, completeness, and resulting in good quality user experience.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work in fast-paced environment; possesses a “whatever it takes mentality,” able to quickly and easily adapt to changing mandates and priorities.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency around critical priorities, but work calmly, independently and effectively under pressure.