DIRECTOR / PRINCIPAL DATA SCIENTIST
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Being one of the foremost data science companies globally, Data Science Dojo ensures that our clients and customers get the best services and products. Our mission is to make data science accessible to everyone through our learning platform. Our teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to use data science in effective ways. Click here to read more about the data scientist career path at Data Science Dojo.
- Act as the Technical leader for Data Scientists at Data Science Dojo
- Recruit, Train, Lead, and guide Data Science staff
- Direct Data Science practices, course content development
- Develop and deliver bootcamps as the lead instructor. Engage and lead custom Data Science/ML projects for critical customers and regions
- Define, Implement machine learning algorithms for a variety of problems using structured and unstructured data sources
- Present findings of analyses and explain the models to clients and class participants
- Find interesting data sets and come up with innovative ways to use them in our tutorials, workshops, and bootcamps
- Curate, research, design, and write tutorials for various data science, big data, and predictive analytics tools
- Mentor and train new hires, respond to questions from cohorts, generate action and excitement in cohort Slack groups
- Establish Data Science Dojo as a thought leader in the Data Science/ML/AI industry. Present at conferences, write interesting blog posts about the happenings at Data Science Dojo and the rest of the industry
- 25%-50% travel expected
Ideal Applicants Have
- Demonstrated leadership in Data Science with infectious passion for data science, machine learning and data in general
- Brings the best out of the team in every challenge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize effectively
- Ability to define and influence product strategy, lead cross group collaboration, successfully advocate for and influence customers. Apply critical thinking and creative solutions in a dynamic, highly ambiguous working environment.
- Strong sense of pride and personal accountability for the end-to-end product/service quality, completeness, and resulting in good quality user experience.
- Strong sense of pride and personal accountability for the end-to-end product/service quality, completeness, and resulting in good quality user experience
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work in fast-paced environment; possesses a “whatever it takes mentality,” able to quickly and easily adapt to changing mandates and priorities.
- The ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency around critical priorities, but work calmly, independently and effectively under pressure.
- A Master’s or higher degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Economics is required
- Applied knowledge of some of the following: R, Python, Hive, Pig, Mahout, Java, C#
- Substantial coursework in Data Management, Data Warehousing, Machine Learning, Statistical inference
- Working knowledge of big data concepts like Hadoop, MapReduce, and HDFS
- Familiarity with data tools and services in Azure, AWS, and/or GCP eco-system is preferred
- 15 years or more demonstrated experience using quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations, to build and communicate plans, and to monitor and measure progress against goals.
- Must have delivered outcomes in at least six figures in dollars leveraging data science practices.