Data science bootcamps are replacing traditional degrees.
They are experiencing a surge in popularity, due to their focus on practicality, real-world skills, and accelerated success. But with a multitude of options available, choosing the right data science bootcamp can be a daunting task.
There are several crucial factors to consider, including your career aspirations, the specific skills you need to acquire, program costs, and the bootcamp’s structure and location.
To help you make an informed decision, here are detailed tips on how to select the ideal data science bootcamp for your unique needs:
The challenge: Choosing the right data science bootcamp
- Outline your career goals: What do you want to do with a data science degree? Do you want to be a data scientist, a data analyst, or a data engineer? Once you know your career goals, you can start to look for a bootcamp that will help you achieve them.
- Research job requirements: What skills do you need to have to get a job in data science? Once you know the skills you need, you can start to look for a bootcamp that will teach you those skills.
- Assess your current skills: How much do you already know about data science? If you have some basic knowledge, you can look for a bootcamp that will build on your existing skills. If you don’t have any experience with data science, you may want to look for a bootcamp that is designed for beginners.
- Research programs: There are many different data science bootcamps available. Do some research to find a bootcamp that is reputable and that offers the skills you need.
Read more –> 10 best data science bootcamps in 2023
- Consider structure and location: Do you want to attend an in-person bootcamp or an online bootcamp? Do you want to attend a bootcamp that is located near you or one that is online?
- Take note of relevant topics: What topics will be covered in the bootcamp? Make sure that the bootcamp covers the topics that are relevant to your career goals.
- Know the cost: How much does the bootcamp cost? Make sure that you can afford the cost of the BootCamp.
- Research institution reputation: Choose a bootcamp from a reputable institution or university.
- Ranking ( mention switch up, course report, career karma and other reputable rankings
By following these tips, you can choose the right data science bootcamp for you and start your journey to a career in data science.
Best picks – Top 5 data science bootcamp to look out for
1. Data Science Dojo Data Science Bootcamp
Delivery Format: Online and In-person
Tuition: $2,659 to $4,500
Duration: 16 weeks
Data Science Dojo Bootcamp stands out as an exceptional option for individuals aspiring to become data scientists. It provides a supportive learning environment through personalized mentorship and live instructor-led sessions. The program welcomes beginners, requiring no prior experience, and offers affordable tuition with convenient installment plans featuring 0% interest.
The bootcamp adopts a business-first approach, combining theoretical understanding with practical, hands-on projects. The team of instructors, possessing extensive industry experience, offers individualized assistance during dedicated office hours, ensuring a rewarding learning journey.
2. Coding Dojo Data Science Bootcamp Online Part-Time
Delivery Format: Online
Tuition: $11,745 to $13,745
Duration: 16 to 20 weeks
Next on the list, we have Coding Dojo. The bootcamp offers courses in data science and machine learning. The bootcamp is open to students with any background and does not require a four-year degree or prior programming experience. Students can choose to focus on either data science and machine learning in Python or data science and visualization.
The bootcamp offers flexible learning options, real-world projects, and a strong alumni network. However, it does not guarantee a job, and some prior knowledge of programming is helpful.
3. Springboard Data Science Bootcamp
Delivery Format: Online
Duration: 12 months long
Springboard’s Data Science Bootcamp is an online program that teaches students the skills they need to become data scientists. The program is designed to be flexible and accessible, so students can learn at their own pace and from anywhere in the world.
Springboard also offers a job guarantee, which means that if you don’t land a job in data science within six months of completing the program, you’ll get your money back.
4. General Assembly Data Science Immersive Online
Delivery Format: Online, in real-time
Duration: Around 3 months
General Assembly’s online data science bootcamp offers an intensive learning experience. The attendees can connect with instructors and peers in real-time through interactive classrooms. The course includes topics like Python, statistical modeling, decision trees, and random forests.
However, this intermediate-level course requires prerequisites, including a strong mathematical background and familiarity with Python.
5. Thinkful Data Science Bootcamp
Delivery Format: Online
Duration: 6 months
Thinkful offers a data science bootcamp that is known for its mentorship program. The bootcamp is available in both part-time and full-time formats. Part-time students can complete the program in 6 months by committing 20-30 hours per week.
Full-time students can complete the program in 5 months by committing 50 hours (about 2 days) per week. Payment plans, tuition refunds, and scholarships are available for all students. The program has no prerequisites, so both fresh graduates and experienced professionals can take it.