Generative AI is rapidly transforming the creative process, and art generation is no exception. AI-powered tools can now create stunning visuals that were once unimaginable, and they are becoming increasingly accessible to artists of all levels.
This blog post will share top hacks for generating art using the latest AI tools like Midjourney, DALL.E, Stable Diffusion, Adobe Firefly, etc. in 2023. We will cover everything from understanding the different types of AI tools available to refining and enhancing AI-generated art.
Tools of the trade
Several new models have emerged in recent months, including DALL.E 3, MidJourney, Stable Diffusion, and Adobe Firefly. These models are all capable of generating realistic and creative images from text prompts, but they have different strengths and weaknesses.
- DALL.E 3: DALL.E 3 is a diffusion model developed by OpenAI. It is known for its ability to generate high-quality and realistic images from a wide variety of text prompts. DALL.E 3 can also generate images in a variety of different artistic styles.
Here’s a quick comparison of the image quality of DALL.E 2 and DALL.E 3. Which one do you prefer?
- MidJourney: MidJourney is another diffusion model, developed by a small team of researchers and engineers. MidJourney is known for its ability to generate creative and imaginative images. It is also good at generating images in a variety of different artistic styles.
Here’s an art piece named “Théâtre D’opéra Spatial” produced through MidJourney which took home the blue ribbon in the fair’s contest for emerging digital artists. Read more
- Stable diffusion: Stable Diffusion is an open-source diffusion model developed by Stability AI. It is known for its speed and its ability to generate high-quality images from text prompts. Stable Diffusion is also good at generating images in a variety of different artistic styles.
Here’s a difference in image quality between Stable Diffusion 1 and Stable Diffusion 2 respectively.
- Adobe Firefly: It is a generative AI platform that enables users to create images, videos, and text from text prompts. What sets Adobe apart is its ability to be edited in real-time in specific areas. This allows users to create and refine images with a high degree of precision and control.
Here’s a quick tutorial on how you can use Adobe Firefly to generate versatile images:
Ultimately, the best model for you will depend on your specific needs and requirements. If you need the highest quality images and don’t mind waiting a bit longer, then DALL.E 3 or MidJourney is a good option. If you need a fast and easy-to-use model, then Stable Diffusion is a good option. Lastly, if you want high customizability, we’d recommend you use Adobe Firefly.
Hacks for AI art generation
The AI art generation is different because you need to have some knowledge of art beforehand to generate specific outcomes. Here are some prompting techniques that will help you get better images out of the tools you use!
These techniques will enable you to write prompts aligned with the outputs you desire. In addition, there are some general best practices that you should be aware of to create the best art pieces.
- Use specific and descriptive prompts: The more specific and descriptive your prompt, the better the AI will be able to understand what you want to create. For example, instead of prompting the AI to generate a “cat,” try prompting it to generate a “black and white tabby cat sitting on a red couch.”
- Experiment with different art styles: Most AI art generation tools offer a variety of art styles to choose from. Experiment with different styles to find the one that best suits your needs.
- Combine AI with traditional techniques: AI art generation tools can be used in conjunction with traditional art techniques to create hybrid creations. For example, you could use an AI tool to generate a background for a painting that you are creating.
- Use negative keywords: If there are certain elements that you don’t want in the image, you can use negative keywords to exclude them. For example, if you don’t want the cat in your image to be wearing a hat, you could use the negative keyword “hat.”
- Choose the right tool for your project: Consider the specific needs of your project when choosing an AI art generation tool. For example, if you need to generate a realistic image of a person, you will want to choose a tool that is specialized in generating realistic images of people.
- Use batch processing: If you need to generate multiple images, use batch processing to generate them all at once. This can save you a lot of time and effort.
- Use templates: If you need to generate images in a specific format or style, create templates that you can use. This will save you time and effort from having to create the same prompts or edit the same images repeatedly.
- Automate tasks: If you find yourself performing the same tasks repeatedly, try to automate them. This will free up your time so that you can focus on more creative and strategic tasks.
Read more about: Impact of Generative AI in software development industry
Start using Generative AI for art generation now
Generative AI is democratizing art creation, making it accessible and inspiring for artists of all levels. The possibilities are boundless, and with the right tools and techniques, you can craft the artwork of your dreams. As technology and creativity continue to converge, the future of the art generation is limited only by our imagination.