ChatGPT made a significant market entrance, shattering records by swiftly reaching 100 million monthly active users in just two months. Its trajectory has since been on a consistent growth. Notably, ChatGPT has embraced a range of plugins that extend its capabilities, enabling users to do more than merely generate textual responses.
What are ChatGPT Plugins?
ChatGPT plugins serve as supplementary features that amplify the functionality of ChatGPT. These plugins are crafted by third-party developers and are readily accessible in the ChatGPT plugins store.
ChatGPT plugins can be used to extend the capabilities of ChatGPT in a variety of ways, such as:
- Accessing and processing external data
- Performing complex computations
- Using third-party services
In this article, we’ll dive into the top 6 ChatGPT plugins tailored for data science. These plugins encompass a wide array of functions, spanning tasks such as web browsing, automation, code interpretation, and streamlining workflow processes.
The Wolfram plugin for ChatGPT is a powerful tool that makes ChatGPT smarter by giving it access to the Wolfram Alpha Knowledgebase and Wolfram programming language. This means that ChatGPT can now perform complex computations, access real-time data, and generate visualizations, all from within ChatGPT.
Here are some of the things that the Wolfram plugin for ChatGPT can do:
- Perform complex computations: You can ask ChatGPT to calculate the factorial of a large number or to find the roots of a polynomial equation. ChatGPT can also use Wolfram Language to perform more complex tasks, such as simulating physical systems or training machine learning models. Here’s an example of Wolfram enabling ChatGPT to solve complex integrations.
Source: Stephen Wolfram Writings
- Generate visualizations: You can ask ChatGPT to generate a plot of a function or to create a map of a specific region. ChatGPT can also use Wolfram Language to create more complex visualizations, such as interactive charts and 3D models.
Source: Stephen Wolfram Writings
Read this blog to Master ChatGPT cheatsheet
The Noteable Notebook plugin for ChatGPT is a powerful tool that makes it possible to use ChatGPT within the Noteable computational notebook environment. This means that you can use natural language prompts to perform advanced data analysis tasks, generate visualizations, and train machine learning models without the need for complex coding knowledge.
Here are some examples of how you can use the Noteable Notebook plugin for ChatGPT:
- Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA): You can use the plugin to generate descriptive statistics, create visualizations, and identify patterns in your data.
- Deploy machine learning Models: You can use the plugin to train and deploy machine learning models. This can be useful for tasks such as classification, regression, and forecasting.
- Data manipulation: You can use the plugin to perform data cleaning, transformation, and feature engineering tasks.
- Data visualization: You can use the plugin to create interactive charts, maps, and other visualizations.
Here’s an example of a Noteable plugin enabling ChatGPT to help perform geospatial analysis:
3. Code Interpreter
ChatGPT Code Interpreter is a part of ChatGPT that allows you to run Python code in a live working environment. With Code Interpreter, you can perform tasks such as data analysis, visualization, coding, math, and more. You can also upload and download files to and from ChatGPT with this feature. To use Code Interpreter, you must have a “ChatGPT Plus” subscription and activate the plugin in the settings.
Here’s an example of data visualization through Code Interpreter.
ChatWithGit is a ChatGPT plugin that allows you to search for code on GitHub repositories using natural language queries. It is a powerful tool that can help you find code quickly and easily, even if you are not familiar with the codebase.
To use ChatWithGit, you first need to install the plugin. You can do this by following the instructions on the ChatWithGit GitHub page. Once the plugin is installed, you can start using it to search for code by simply typing a natural language query into the ChatGPT chat box.
Learn more about ChatGPT enterprise
The Zapier plugin allows you to connect ChatGPT with other cloud-based applications, automating workflows and integrating data. This can be useful for data scientists who need to streamline their data science pipeline or automate repetitive tasks.
For example, you can use Zapier to automatically trigger a data pipeline in ChatGPT when a new dataset is uploaded to Google Drive or to automatically send a notification to Slack when a machine learning model finishes training.
Here’s a detailed article on how you can use Zapier for automating tasks using ChatGPT:
The ScholarAI plugin is designed to help people with academic and research-related tasks. It provides access to a vast database of scholarly articles and books, as well as tools for literature review and data analysis.
For example, you could use ScholarAI to identify relevant research papers on a given topic or to extract data from academic papers and generate citations.
Experiment with ChatGPT now!
From computational capabilities to code interpretation and automation, ChatGPT is now a versatile tool spanning data science, coding, academic research, and workflow automation. This journey marks the rise of an AI powerhouse, promising continued innovation and utility in the realm of AI-powered assistance