50 funniest Data Science jokes you should not miss
50 funniest Data Science jokes you should not miss
Learning Data Science with fun is the missing ingredient for diligent data scientists. This blog post collected the best data science jokes including statistics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
For Data Scientists
1. There are two kinds of data scientists. 1.) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
2. Data science is 80% preparing data, and 20% complaining about preparing data.
3. There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don’t.
4. What’s the difference between an introverted data analyst & an extroverted one? Answer: the extrovert stares at YOUR shoes.
5. Why did the chicken cross the road? The answer is trivial and is left as an exercise for the reader.
6. The data science motto: If at first, you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
7. What do you get when you cross a pirate with a data scientist? Answer: Someone who specializes in Rrrr
8. A SQL query walks into a bar, walks up to two tables, and asks, “Can I join you?”
9. Why should you take a data scientist with you into the jungle? Answer: They can take care of Python problems
10. Old data analysts never die – they just get broken down by age
11. I don’t know any programming, but I still use Excel in my field!
12. Data is like people – interrogate it hard enough and it will tell you whatever you want to hear.
13. Don’t get it? We can help. Check out our in-person data science Bootcamp or online data science certificate program.
14. Statistics may be dull, but it has its moments.
15. You are so mean that your standard deviation is zero.
16. How did the random variable get into the club? By showing a fake i.d.
17. Did you hear the one about the statistician? Probably….
18. Three statisticians went out hunting and came across a large deer. The first statistician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second statistician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third statistician didn’t fire, but shouted in triumph, “On average we got it!”
19. Two random variables were talking in a bar. They thought they were being discreet, but I heard their chatter continuously.
20. Statisticians love whoever they spend the most time with; that’s their statistically significant other.
21. Old age is statistically good for you – very few people die past the age of 100.
22. Statistics prove offspring’s an inherited trait. If your parents didn’t have kids, odds are you won’t either.
For Artificial Intelligence experts
23. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
24. Do neural networks dream of strictly convex sheep?
25. What did one support vector say to another support-vector? Answer: I feel so marginalized
26. AI blogs are like philosophy majors. They’re always trying to explain “deep learning.”
27. How many support vectors does it take to change a light bulb? Answer: Very few, but they must be careful not to shatter* it.
28. Parent: If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you follow them? Machine Learning Algorithm: yes.
29. They call me Dirichlet because all my potential is latent and awaiting allocation
30. Batch algorithms: YOLO (You Only Learn Once), Online algorithms: Keep Updates and Carry On
31. “This new display can recognize speech” “What?” “This nudist play can wreck a nice beach”
32. Why did the naive Bayesian suddenly feel patriotic when he heard fireworks? Answer: He assumed independence
33. Why did the programmer quit their job? Answer: Because they didn’t get arrays.
34. What do you call a program that identifies spa treatments? Facial recognition!
35. Human: What do we want!?
- Computer: Natural language processing!
- Human: When do we want it!?
- Computer: When do we want what?
36. A statistician’s wife had twins. He was delighted. He rang the minister who was also delighted. “Bring them to church on Sunday and we’ll baptize them,” said the minister. “No,” replied the statistician. “Baptize one. We’ll keep the other as a control.”
For Machine Learning professionals
37. I have a joke about a data miner, but you probably won’t dig it. @KDnuggets:
38. I have a joke about deep learning, but I can’t explain it. Shamail Saeed, @hacklavya
39. I have a joke about deep learning, but it is shallow. Mehmet Suzen, @memosisland
40. I have a machine learning joke, but it is not performing as well on a new audience. @dbredesen
41. I have a new joke about Bayesian inference, but you’d probably like the prior more. @pauljmey
42. I have a joke about Markov models, but it’s hidden somewhere. @AmeyKUMAR1
43. I have a statistics joke, but it’s not significant. @micheleveldsman
44. I have a geography joke, but I don’t know where it is. @olimould
45. I have an object-oriented programming joke. But it has no class. Ayin Vala
46. I have a quantum mechanics joke. It’s both funny and not funny at the same time. Philip Welch
47. I have a good Bayesian laugh that came from a prior joke. Nikhil Kumar Mishra
48. I have a java joke, but it is too verbose! Avneesh Sharma
49. I have a regression joke, but it sounds quite mean. Gang Su
50. I have a machine learning joke, but I cannot explain it. Andriy Burkov
Did we miss your favorite Data Science joke?
Share your favorite data science jokes with us in the comments below. Let’s laugh together!
You Might Also Be Interested In
During political campaigns, political candidates not only need votes but also need financial contributions. Here’s what the campaign finance data set from 2012 looks like.
Is there a relation between data science and law? Here’s what a lawyer learned from a 50-hour data science Bootcamp at Data Science Dojo. With