Data Science Dojo Meetup
In this meetup, Blair will give a quick introduction to online experimentation and A/B testing.
To keep the tutorial self-contained, Blair will first give an overview of stats fundamentals needed to understand A/B testing and explain how A/B testing is done in an online business. Blair will also cover some of the pitfalls that are common when running online experiments.
What is A/B Testing?
- A/B testing on web traffic
- A/B testing on newsletter and email
- A/B testing vs. multivariate testing
- Understanding the terminology. Control, treatment, factor, level, A/B, A/A
- Null and alternate hypothesis. Type I and Type II error
- Power and sample size selection. Confidence intervals
- Metrics for evaluation and categories
6:00 – 6:30 Grab some pizza and socialize
6:30 – 7:45 Presentation
7:45 – 8:00 Questions & Answers
About the Speaker: Blair Heckel
Blair is the Senior Marketing Manager at Data Science Dojo. When not conducting A/B tests on potential customers, she enjoys hiking through the Washington wilderness and eating pho. Blair holds a bachelor’s degree in Marketing from Washington State University and has a background in leading data-driven marketing campaigns.
Can’t make the Meetup? Watch the Live Stream: