The training is designed primarily to give your a head start in data science and data-driven decision making. Our typical attendees for the training range from beginners in data science, engineering/technical managers, business leaders, program/project/product/marketing managers and engineers who want to learn the fundamentals.
- Working professionals in product/program/project management roles working on building innovative data science products
- Marketing professionals who want to take a data-driven approach to marketing
- Managers and business leaders who want to understand what is possible and where the technology puck is going
- Technical/Engineering managers are leading teams building machine learning and AI products
- Anyone wanting to get a head start in their data science career without getting into the details of programming
Will I be a good fit for the 2-day course?
Our program is specifically designed for working professionals who want to add some data science to their current positions, or who just want to learn what this new field is all about. We focus on teaching the concepts and underlying knowledge needed to do data science, rather than on platform-specific techniques.
What are the prerequisites?
This program has absolutely no prerequisites. You only need to come with a willingness to learn and a business-savvy mindset.
How is this different from the 5-Day Data Science & Data Engineering Bootcamp?
This is a training based on essential data science skills for non-programmers that is only two days. Our 5-day data science bootcamp teaches more complex skills in programs like R, Azure and Hadoop.
What will I learn?
After the 2-day training, students will be able to:
- Understand the end-to-end structure of a data science pipeline.
- Understand the best practices for handling data, and why a good machine learning model depends on the quality of data.
- Set up an evaluation and metrics pipeline and discuss common pitfalls and how they can be avoided.
- Understand the different types of metrics and know when to use each one offline and online.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of data mining.
- Explore and visualize data with summary statistics, histograms, boxplots, and more!
- Understand the business problems that can be solved with machine learning.
- Learn about the machine learning techniques we can use to solve the identified business problems.
- Understand the business problem and create a machine learning algorithm for the solution.
- Discuss the ethical dimensions of data science and understand the regulatory issues facing the industry.
- Speak the data science language: Big Data, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, IoT, and Real-Time Analytics.
- Understand the Apache Spark project and how various vendors, like Microsoft Azure and AWS are different.
We cannot guarantee that you will get a job after completing the bootcamp. Obtaining a job is strictly based off one’s own skill sets. However, we are confident that as long as you stay engaged during the bootcamp, you will be able to test those skills and apply it to your work (that is, if you would like). Upon completion of the bootcamp, we will provide you with a certificate that you can print and/or add to your LinkedIn profile.
Am I a good fit for the course?
Our bootcamp is mostly catered to working professionals who want to add a data science skill set to their current job or project they are working on. Most come to the bootcamp with a project they are working on and want to utilize the skills they learn at the bootcamp to implement machine learning methods or deploy predictive models, etc. However, we do get a few people who are looking for a career change into data science and come to the bootcamp to kick-start their data science education, as 50 hours of training is just the beginning!
Are there any networking opportunities?
In addition to the 5-day training, you will have ample opportunity to network with the peers in your cohort. Prior to coming to the bootcamp, you will have access to Slack where you can meet and engage with your peers before, during, and after the bootcamp. One night during the training, you will be invited to a networking dinner where you can get to know your peers outside of class. Lastly, after the bootcamp, you will be invited to join the Data Science Dojo Alumni LinkedIn group.
Yes, we do. Please submit a request and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Can you do a private bootcamp for our employees?
- Hosted at a location convenient to you
- Caters to a large group of employees from the same organization
- Inlcudes our popular five-day curriculum
Can you customize training curriculum according to our requirement?
Yes, We can customize the curriculum to deepen your team’s data science capability, be it a particular domain or a technology that you want to focus on.
- Comprehensive needs assessment
- Dedicated support for designing a training that meets your needs
- Includes industry and company specific data-sets and projects
Do you have any other data science offerings?
Yes, we have other offerings
No, Data Science Dojo does not provide hotel and accommodation.
However, some hotels do have group rates with the training venue. Be sure to mention the venue when making your reservation. If the training takes place in a hotel, we will notify the attendees of any special room rates. Additionally, we do have suggestions on places in the area to stay.
To view all that is offered in the bootcamp tuition, take a look at our bootcamp package comparison.
- Seattle Marriott Redmond (Venue for the bootcamp)
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1 (877) 360-3442 for more information.
- Residence Inn (Next door)
- Aloft Hotel (5 min drive)
- Sheraton Reston (5 min drive with shuttle to and from the venue and the Dulles International Airport)
- Westin Reston (5 min drive with shuttle to and from the venue and the Dulles International Airport)
- AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center (Venue for the bootcamp. Staff have enjoyed their stay here)
- Hotel Ella (5 min walk)
- DoubleTree by Hilton (4 min drive)
- Hotel Indigo (5 min drive. Staff have enjoyed their stay here)
Hotels recommended by the International Institute for Learning.
- Omni Berkshire Place (7 min walk)
- Lotte New York Palace
- Double Tree Hilton Hotel Metropolitan
- The Benjamin
- Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Midtown East (2 min walk)
UNM has negotiated rates with a few hotels around the area. You can find more about those rate at https://purchase.unm.edu/local-hotel-information/index.html.
- Hotel Renaissance Barcelona (venue for the bootcamp)
- Room Mate Anna Hotel (3 min walk)
- Hotel Catalonia Eixample 1864 (2 min walk)
- Margot House (3 min walk)
- Rendezvous Hotel Singapore (across the street from venue)
- 30 Bencoolen (2 min walk)
- Hotel Bencoolen (3 min walk)
- Strand Hotel Singapore (2 min walk)
What is the timing of the training?
Bootcamps are held Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm. It’s 5 days of in-person, hands-on learning for 10 hours a day, with roughly 10 hours of pre-bootcamp coursework and 20 hours of (optional) post-bootcamp coursework
- For California, pending California licensure approval, the bootcamp will be 4 days, Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 6 pm. Pending the California licensure approvial, the 4-day training will not include IOT project. View San Francisco Curriculum.
What language is the bootcamp taught in?
The bootcamp is taught in English.
How many people attend each training?
Class sizes range from 40 to 60 people.
Who teaches the bootcamps?
Our core Seattle-based teaching team travels to each location. At least two instructors will be there to guide you through getting started with data science.
Is there a dress code at the bootcamp?
No, there is no dress code. Most people wear business casual. Feel free to wear whatever you like!
There are 5 pre-bootcamp tutorials (to prepare everyone for the material we will cover) and 4 post bootcamp tutorials(to review what was covered, and go over anything attendees might wish to have clarified). Each tutorial takes roughly 2 hours to work through. We ask that attendees anticipate 8 hours of pre-bootcamp work, and 8 hours of post-bootcamp review. Tutorials are recorded for those who cannot participate in real time- this often happens between work schedules and time zone differences. Our instructors are also available for questions and support before, during, and after the bootcamp.
How much homework is there during the bootcamp?
The homework during the bootcamp is roughly 2 hours a night.
How do I change my password in the learning portal?
You can reset your password by logging into your learning portal, accessing your account at https://learn.datasciencedojo.com/account/settings and sending yourself a password reset link to your email address.