Power BI for R Visualizations
Microsoft’s Power BI is a powerful technology for quickly creating rich R visualizations. Power BI has many practical uses for the modern data professional including executive dashboards, operational dashboards, and visualizations for data exploration/analysis.
Microsoft has also extended Power BI with support for incorporating R visualizations into Power BI projects, enabling a myriad of data visualization use cases across all industries and circumstances. As such, this is an extremely valuable tool for any Data Analyst, Product/Program Manager, or Data Scientist.
We will provide a hands-on introduction to using R visualizations within Power BI using Microsoft’s free Power BI Desktop software. Both the Power BI project and .CSV data files will be accessible via GitHub.
What you’ll learn
- Overview of Power BI and where it fits in a data professional’s tool belt
- The nuances of how Power BI integrates with R, including necessary data preprocessing
- Introduction to the R ggplot2 visualization package
- Incorporation of R visualizations into Power BI projects
- Making R visualizations dynamic by responding to UX controls
Data Science Dojo Instructor
We are looking for passionate people willing to cultivate and inspire the next generation of leaders in tech, business, and data science. If you are one of them get in touch with us!