At Data Science Dojo, we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the product design team of our rapidly growing organization.
As a Data Engineer, you will be creating and evaluating data pipelines, investigating new technologies, and exuding a never-ending passion for big data. You will also get a chance to create tutorials and blog posts on trending topics in the world of data science. You will collect data from a variety of sources, extract valuable insights, and present the findings in an understandable manner. As Data Science Dojo greatly relies on the value of data, you’ll be expected to use trends from a number of credible sources to add value to your work. You will work closely with many remarkable people at Data Science Dojo, including but not limited to our data science, development, and social media teams.
- Develop reliable data pipelines that convert data into insights
- Configure end-to-end components of a big data pipeline for various data science problems
- Explore and document new technologies in coordination with technical writers and content developers
- Share data engineering insights with a learning community
- Come up with innovative ways to explain data engineering processes through tutorials, workshops, and training programs
- Curate, research, design, and write tutorials and blog posts for various data science, big data, and predictive analytics tools
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new big data technologies
- Define metrics of success for products and services and keep track of the progress
- An undergraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Economics or a related field
- Knowledge and proven experience of working with R, Python, Hive, Pig, Mahout, Java, and/or C#
- Working knowledge of big data concepts like Hadoop, MapReduce, and HDFS
- Familiarity with data tools and services in Azure, AWS, and/or GCP eco-system
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions, devise strategies, and measure the progress of projects over time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to work as an individual and in a team as per the need of a project
Nice to Have
- A graduate degree in Software or Computer Engineering or a related field
- Prior experience (3 years or more) working in the development team at a reputed organization
- Development experience on Azure Cloud Platform, IntelliJ, and/or Visual Studio
- Proven experience of working with MapReduce, Hadoop, and Spark
- A passion for education in general and data science in particular
- Some understanding of Google Analytics and Hotjar to extract valuable insights
About Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is one of the leading platforms providing training in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. Our strong network of more than 10000+ alumni from over 100+ countries makes us the most trusted learning platform in the field. Our mission is to make data science easier, more practical, and accessible to everyone by creating a network of mentors, students, and professionals.
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Our teams are constantly solving problems and working together, empowering people around the world to use data science in effective ways. We are always open to new ideas, making the most out of every opportunity. Working at Data Science Dojo is a unique experience, filled with fun and a lot of growth.