We are looking for an accountant/bookkeeper to join our team. This is a hands-on role with a view to building financial systems and processes for a growing startup. You will run bookkeeping, accounting and financial operations of the company end to end and will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks, overseeing accounting, reporting, tax and compliance.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with accounting principles.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and reconcile bank.
- Prepare all supporting information for the audit with the approved external auditor.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present financial reports as required to support the decision-making process.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to keep financial information secure. Ensure Statutory requirements of the organization are met, e.g. taxes, withholding payments.
- Develop and manage the bookkeeping function, using the accounting package, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
Ideal Applicants Have
- Passion to do well and delight customers
- Startup mentality; ownership, always on attitude
- Attention to detail
- Track-record of delivering results through hard work, creativity, and tenacity
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent business experience
- 3-5 years of experience at a start-up
- Strong bookkeeping experience and expert level QuickBooks experience and knowledge
* submit a cover letter with your resume and a link to your portfolio