At Data Science Dojo, we are looking for a talented individual to join the Engineering team of our rapidly growing organization.
As a Web Developer Intern, you will to help refine and optimize our web portal. You will be working closely with web developers and software engineers at Data Science Dojo to maintain and improve the performance of all the online channels. You will also be expected to assist the product design and marketing teams to come up with more interactive and user-friendly content, thus prioritizing the needs of the audience. As Data Science Dojo greatly relies on the value of data, you’ll be expected to use trends from a number of credible sources to add value to your work. You will work closely with many remarkable people at Data Science Dojo, including but not limited to our data science, development, and social media teams.
- Assist in the creation of effective and useful platforms on the web
- Research and create wireframes, prototypes, and mock-ups for interactive web content
- Assist in the maintenance of web servers
- Automate business processes and payment methods to ensure seamless transactions
- Work with the Content Development and Marketing teams to meet the needs of the audience landing on the website
- Document best practices in web development and ensure that these are reflected on the websites of Data Science Dojo
- Define metrics of success for products and services and keep track of the progress
- An undergraduate degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Design, Communications, or a related field OR a current college student in the second half of the undergraduate program
- Knowledge and proven experience of working with WordPress
- Understanding of one backend language, such as PHP, WordPress, Python, and Django
- Working knowledge of data manipulation and visualization techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to work as an individual and in a team as per the need of a project
Nice to Have
- Prior experience (1 years or more) in web design and development OR equivalent internship or schoolwork experience
- Experience in Bootstrap, CSS Scaffolding, JQuery, and Responsive Design
- A passion for education in general and data science in particular
- Some understanding of Google Analytics and Hotjar to extract valuable insights
About Data Science Dojo
Data Science Dojo is one of the leading platforms providing training in data science, data analytics, and machine learning. Our strong network of more than 10000+ alumni from over 100+ countries makes us the most trusted learning platform in the field. Our mission is to make data science easier, more practical, and accessible to everyone by creating a network of mentors, students, and professionals.
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Our teams are constantly solving problems and working together, empowering people around the world to use data science in effective ways. We are always open to new ideas, making the most out of every opportunity. Working at Data Science Dojo is a unique experience, filled with fun and a lot of growth.