SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST (HEALTHCARE)
Data Science Dojo is a unique workplace that invests heavily in employees and growth. Being one of the foremost data science companies globally, Data Science Dojo ensures that our clients and customers get the best services and products. Our mission is to make data science accessible to everyone through our learning platform. Our teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to use data science in effective ways. Click here to read more about the data scientist career path at Data Science Dojo.
- Implement and optimize machine learning algorithms for a variety of healthcare problems using structured and unstructured data sources
- Familiar with health and medical diagnosis codes
- Create approach, methodology and work plan for healthcare problems.
- Prepare raw data from health information systems, surveys and public domain for machine learning models.
- Configure end-to-end components of a big data pipeline for various data science problems
- Present findings of analyses and explain the models to clients
- 25% travel expected
Ideal Applicants Have
- Infectious passion for data science, machine learning and data in general
- The attitude of a positive team player. We really mean it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine and demonstrated passion for data science, machine learning and data in general
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize effectively
- Ability to impact and influence solution direction without authority, drive cross group collaboration, successfully advocate for customers and apply critical thinking and creative solutions in a dynamic highly ambiguous working environment.
- Strong sense of pride and personal accountability for the end-to-end product/service quality, completeness, and resulting in good quality user experience
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work in fast-paced environment; possesses a “whatever it takes mentality,” able to quickly and easily adapt to changing mandates and priorities.
- The ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency around critical priorities, but work calmly, independently and effectively under pressure.
- A master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, and Computer Engineering, or Economics is required
- Applied knowledge of Python, Hive, Pig, Mahout, Java, C#
- Substantial coursework in Data Management, Data Warehousing, Machine Learning, Statistical inference
- Working knowledge of big data concepts like Hadoop, MapReduce, and HDFS
- Familiarity with data tools and services in Azure, AWS, and/or GCP eco-system is required
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience using quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations, to build and communicate plans, and to monitor and measure progress against goals.
- Must have delivered outcomes in at least six figures in dollars leveraging data science practices.
- Excellent communication and writing skills (English).