SQL Crash Course for Beginners
When learning data science, students typically focus on Python or R for data analysis and machine learning. On the job though, data is usually stored in a database, and that data can either be accessed through a business intelligence tool or directly using SQL.
This crash course is intended for beginners with no prior experience in SQL. By the end of the session, you will know:
- what a database is and the difference between SQL and NoSQL
- what an RDBMS is and the difference between MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and SQLite
- how to see what’s in a database by looking at a data model
- how to find data in a database by writing a SQL query
- how to use SQL along with Python, R, Excel, etc.
Data Scientist and Author
We are looking for passionate people willing to cultivate and inspire the next generation of leaders in tech, business, and data science. If you are one of them get in touch with us!