Data Science Training For UX Designers
What You’ll Learn
INTRODUCTION TO R PROGRAMMING
- Introducing R
- R data types
- Basic opertors
- Reading writing data
- Plotting in R
EXPLORING AND VISUALIZING USER DATA IN R
- Why explore and visualize user data?
- Reading user and session data from Google Analytics using R
- Pie charts, box plots, histograms, density plots, scatter plots
- Why is segmentation of data important? Slicing and dicing data to demystify user behavior
- Advanced exploration and visualization techniques
INTRODUCTION TO ONLINE EXPERIMENTATION AND A/B TESTING
- Why A/B testing or multi-variate testing is needed?
- Looking at some interesting A/B tests
- Understanding concepts of A/B and multi-variate testing
- Statistical fundamentals for A/B testing
- Some common pitfalls of A/B testing
- Setup a landing page
- Hook up Google analytics with the landing page
- Setup an A/B test on a landing page (could be as simple as two different colors of buttons on the page)
- Seed it with some social media advertising budget
- Analyze user behavior using the exploration and visualization techniques we learned on day 1
- Analyze any differences in user behavior between A and B versions
Exclusive Alumni Resources
Receive four handbooks authored by our data scientists and engineers and three best-sellers to help you keep learning.
Exclusive access to our online learning portal that contains advanced topics, tutorials, code samples, and reference material
Our world-class mentoring team will help you work on a specific design project.
Stay connected with our alumni spread across the world for collaboration and career opportunities!
Alumni Love Us
on Course Report
“I’ve never learned more from an external training, especially in such a short time. The instructors are excellent – clearly experienced and passionate about data and what it can do for attendees. I would highly recommend the experience to anyone who has or is thinking they may have a question about data and what can be done with it.”
UX Interaction Designer at Pearson