We are currently looking for an outgoing, self-motivated and proactive individual to manage our training events, which is the cornerstone of our business. As Event Planner for Data Science Dojo, you will be responsible for designing and delivering a delightful end-to-end customer experience. You will manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to ensuring smooth running of the event itself, and the post-event evaluation. The role is very hands-on with very high impact and visibility.
- Conduct market and customer research, use the insights to design and deliver delightful service offerings.
- Research markets, identify locations, cities, and venues which are convenient to our customers.
- Identify and research alternative partner locations and venues, to deliver the service offerings, negotiate terms, agree service levels, and close deals.
- Ensure events are held seamlessly; manage and oversee event logistics and financials (for example, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, and budgets).
- Proactively handle any issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day, e.g. organizing attendee packs, course material etc.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on results.
- Help customers register for events, consistently stay in contact with them to identify and fulfill their needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to ensure that events are successful.
Ideal Applicants Have
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Negotiation, and sales skills, ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Passion to do well and delight customers
- Startup mentality
- Attention to detail
- Ownership, always on attitude